Le Nez du Vin Wine Faults
What's worse than opening a bottle of fine wine you've kept for decades only to realise it's corked? Not knowing it's corked and serving it to your wine friends! It's true that wine faults can be glaringly obvious with overpowering aromas of wet cardboard or nail polish, or they can be devilishly subtle and harder to detect, and on occasion, as in brettanomyces, considered a "positive fault". What's a Somm to do?
While not the most glamorous or enjoyable of all the wine aromas, knowing your wine faults is an important part of the job for any sommelier as well as useful to know for wine aficionados. We're thrilled to carry Le Nez du Vin Wine Faults and offer a member discount on this product too to help budding Somms on their way. This kit would also make a great gift for that special wine lover in your life.
We carry all the aroma kits from Le Nez du Vin and are able to offer member discounts on all kits so remember to use your CoolerSomm member code on check out.
LE NEZ DU VIN WINE FAULTS
- 12 individual aromas that indicate different faults including 1) vegetal, 2) rotten apple, 3) vinegar, 4) glue, 5) soap, 6) sulphur, 7) rotten egg, 8) onion, 9) cauliflower, 10) horse, 11) mouldy-earthy, 12) cork.
- English language version.
- The aromas in the kit are guaranteed for five years so you can keep them and refer to them through your entire WSET/CMS training.
- This kit comes with a book explaining wine faults, how they happen and how they can be alleviated if you are faced with a fault in your wine.
WHAT DOES LE NEZ DU VIN SAY ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
"The sense of smell constitutes the most important sense in the perception of a wine and produces 80% of the tasting pleasure. No doubt you have noticed that when you have a cold, you no longer taste anything.
Nevertheless, it is often difficult to identify an aroma in your wine glass. Have you already encountered the feeling that you know a smell without being able to recognize it? Nothing is more normal! In the same way that we learned to read, write, or count, smelling also requires training.
A work tool appreciated by professionals, Le Nez du Vin® functions like a game. Choose the aromas at random, smell them carefully (above all, without looking), classify them, try to name them, and verify the result. In a few weeks, for sure, you will be able to pick out, recognize and above all name these aromas.".
WHAT AROMAS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS KIT?
12 essential aromas that encompass the majority of wine faults you're likely to encounter.
1) vegetal, 2) rotten apple, 3) vinegar, 4) glue, 5) soap, 6) sulphur, 7) rotten egg, 8) onion, 9) cauliflower, 10) horse, 11) mouldy-earthy, 12) cork.
ARE THERE ANY COOLERSOMM MEMBER DISCOUNTS ON THIS KIT?
Yes, use your member discount code on check out for the regular 10% discount.
HOW QUICKLY CAN THIS PRODUCT BE DELIVERED?
Estimated delivery on Le Nez du Vin Wine Faults to the UK is 1-3 working days. To Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland delivery time is 2-4 working days.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.